Elstree & Borehamwood
Elstree and Borehamwood are adjoining suburbs, in the north west of Greater London, within the M25. They are a 20-minute train journey to Kings Cross and a 25-minute drive from Golders Green or 10 minutes from Edgware.
The Jewish community is warm, friendly and growing. Facilities include Jewish nurseries and day schools, a mikvah, two Orthodox synagogues and a kosher delicatessen and butcher. Shiurim are held on most weekday evenings and other educational events take place at weekends, as well as youth activities.
The range of Shabbat services includes
- main services in the community's two modern and comfortable shuls
- various children's services
- a vibrant youth service (organised entirely by participants)
- a "limmud" (learning) service
- a "hashkamah" (early morning) service, held every 2 weeks.
See www.streetmap.co.uk for a map of the area.